The Wonders of an Herbal Face Steam
Have you ever noticed how inhaling the steam from a cup of hot tea or bowl of soup can ease sinus congestion? Here’s a purposeful herbal steam that you can do at home should you need to fight a cough or cold.
Benefits to your skin
Gentle steam will open your facial pores, soften skin and improve circulation
Steam will alleviate the symptoms of a cold or flu, including
loosening congestion. Done before bed, an herbal face steam will help you sleep more comfortably and before a workout will help you to breathe through your session!
- a large pot or bowl
- 1 T each dried herbs as desired: thyme, basil, rosemary, oregano, peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender. Raw chopped garlic works wonder too!
- 2 large towels
- Put an inch of water in the bottom of pot and bring to boil or place boiled water into a bowl
- Fold a towel in half and place on a stable, heat-proof, flat surface such as counter or table
- Place the pot or bowl on towel
- Add dried herbs, stir well and cover with a lid for about 2 minutes
-Remove lid and be sure steam isn’t too hot for your face
- Lean over the pot and cover head with 2nd towel to create a tent
- Breathe the steam in slowly and steadily for 8-10 minutes, preferably through the nose.
- When finished, wash face thoroughly
- Avoid herbal steams if you are pregnant
For trainers seeking Kettlebell certification, check out KettleX Pro.
For trainers and yoga instructors seeking a new, cool method, check out KetteX Yoga.
- See more here.