Heirloom Tomato Salad with RosemaryMakes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- large heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- small heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- Whisk together the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, rosemary, and oregano in a large bowl.
- Add small and large tomatoes, and toss until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Toss again before serving.
Watermelon and Strawberry SaladMakes 6 servings Mix together:
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups watermelon balls
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
Seared Sesame Crusted Tuna with Orange Ginger Soy SauceMakes 2-3 servingsSeared Sesame Crusted Tuna
- ¾ to 1 lb sushi grade yellowfin tuna
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cut the tuna into 2-3 rectangular pieces.
- Mix the sesame seeds together on a plate.
- Press the tuna into the sesame seeds on all sides.
- Heat canola oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear the tuna for 20 seconds on each side, then transfer to a paper towel to drain. Let rest 2-3 minutes
- Slice into ¼-thick pieces and serve with orange ginger dipping sauce
Orange Ginger Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl
- Whisk until the miso dissolves, serve with tuna
Spinach Salad with Peaches and PecansMakes 4 servings
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 2 ripe peaches
- 4 cups baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup poppyseed salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange pecans on a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, until they just begin to darken.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Peel peaches (if desired) and slice into bite-sized segments.
- Combine peaches, spinach and pecans in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing until evenly coated, adding a little additional dressing, if necessary.