Preventing and Curing a Hangover
Here we are, in the midst of the Holiday Season! Time for friends, family and many more opportunities to drink than usual. And with drinking comes overdrinking, followed by a headache, body aches and the worst of it-nausea.
Here are the best tips for preventing and overcoming a hangover.
Before the celebration
– If possible, eat a combination of protein and healthful carbs such as sweet potato or brown rice. This will help absorb the alcohol.
– Take a multivitamin to support your system
– Decide what you’re going to drink, preferably wine or cocktails without mixers.
This includes eliminating tonic water.
At the event
– Double up on your drinking by sipping water along with your alcohol beverage
– Avoid champagne. All those bubbles can cause alcohol to be absorbed more quickly, leading to headaches and hangovers.
– Keep drinking that water, preferably coconut water or sports drinks
– Take a multivitamin to restore what the alcohol depletes
– Water and more water before the coffee
– Drink apple or cranberry juice to replenish energy and rid the body of excess alcohol
– If you’re feeling ill, sip on some ginger or peppermint tea
Time to eat
– Go for eggs. They’re full of amino acids that will help the liver. Add avocado and spinach or other veggies.
– Toast up some bread or munch on crackers to absorb the alcohol. Add a bit of honey on top.
– Get outside and walk, bringing water with you
– Breathe deeply to oxygenate the brain
– See more here.
Yours in Good Health,