Have you ever noticed how inhaling the steam from a cup of hot tea or bowl of soup can ease sinus congestion? Here’s a purposeful herbal steam that you can do at home should you need to fight a cough or cold.
Benefits to your skin
Gentle steam will open your facial pores, soften skin and improve circulation
Steam will alleviate the symptoms of a cold or flu, including
loosening congestion. Done before bed, an herbal face steam will help you sleep more comfortably and before a workout will help you to breathe through your session!
– a large pot or bowl
– 1 T each dried herbs as desired: thyme, basil, rosemary, oregano, peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender. Raw chopped garlic works wonder too!
– 2 large towels
– Put an inch of water in the bottom of pot and bring to boil or place boiled water into a bowl
– Fold a towel in half and place on a stable, heat-proof, flat surface such as counter or table
– Place the pot or bowl on towel
– Add dried herbs, stir well and cover with a lid for about 2 minutes
-Remove lid and be sure steam isn’t too hot for your face
– Lean over the pot and cover head with 2nd towel to create a tent
– Breathe the steam in slowly and steadily for 8-10 minutes, preferably through the nose.
– When finished, wash face thoroughly
– Avoid herbal steams if you are pregnant